What Not Post #1 - "Something with a little lace..."

So you've probably been wondering a little about the blog title, I mean every time a post has been published its been about music which only explains half of the title. But what does the rest mean?

I wanted to be a music blogger because I love talking/hearing/discussing music, but I also love discussing other things out in the world like art, films or television programmes. This brought the name "Music and what not" together! With my main subject for posts focusing around music, I wanted there to be the occasional post about something different! So with that in mind, I'd like to introduce the first of many "what not" posts...

... Across the fashion world, a small intimate item is taking everyone by surprise and creating a powerful storm. I am of course talking about the bralette. Bralettes are a more delicate version of a bra that tend to have no wiring and are made of materials such as lace or even silks. This small item of underwear is taking over due to the fashion forward idea that they are more than just lingere! By encouraging wearers to take that step forward and wear a bralette under sheer or even open buttoned shirts, the fashion world are in tow encouraging the upmost of comfort too! Something more remarkable is that bralettes provide a natural form of support that doesn't but pressure on breast tissue, which allows for comfort as well as a pain free experience. Therefore, bralettes are fashion forward (as you are able to wear them with pretty much anything and everything), but they are also super durable. Typically made with materials such as lace and silks, these delicate items are not sore on the eye but also long lasting, meaning your gonna feel sassy and probably a little more confident wearing them as well as being super comfy for longer!!

In case you hadn't noticed I myself am a fan and own a few brallettes from different producers. So speaking from experience I can honestly say they are the most comfortable items I have ever worn! However, there does seem to be a slight stigma that only those who are seen as "small chested" can wear bralettes, which is utter bull!! Because I am also talking on behalf of the bigger cupped ladies, as I purchased by first bralette when I was an F cup. Being of the bigger cupped ladies I found wiring very uncomfortable and often dug into my skin creating scarring and very often red imprints that would take hours (sometimes days) to fade. Now I can safely say the first time I wore my first bralette I was utterly shocked! The support was unreal, granted I couldn't sprint up the stairs without movement but, I felt secure and able to move around freely without fear of popping out. 
Now slightly smaller (having lost weight), I can safely say I still feel the same way about them. I still feel ver supported, no pain and damn it a little bit sassy in them!
Another great point about them is they're  great for wearing when you've got a fresh tattoo and are too scared to wear a bra! I recently had a piece that could be classed as my sternum, and I wasn't able to wear a bra for four maybe five days due to tenderness and swelling. So my bralettes were even more so my go to piece throughout those days (think my mom got sick of washing them). One downside to bralettes is, due to the delicate materials used to make them a lot of them are hand wash only however, a lot of modern washing machines now provide a hand wash feature for those of us who are super lazy (yeah that's me too don't worry). 

Now one thing I love about bralette's are the independent business out there who are providing spectacular handcrafted pieces. One of my go to and favourite bralette companies out there that happens to be an independent business is Noobi. This small company is coming on big, and by big I mean they produce the most beautiful handmade brallettes at affordable prices that are being sold quite quickly. Their pieces are well designed and made, and extremely durable, including individual bralettes as well as sets (seeing the beautiful bralettes paired with equally as gorgeous thongs/pants adding to that extra sassy feeling).
However, that's not where the talents of Noobi end! They also craft stunning necklaces, body chains, swimwear and clothing such as coordinate sets. If you're looking for a unique gorgeous bralette and maybe even a new outfit for a night out I suggest you get your butt over to Noobi now! Like I said, their prices are affordable and the quality is unreal. I own both a bralette set and their gorgeous coord pencil skirt/crop top set and i couldnt be happier with either product. I also own a gorgeous necklace by Noobi that is very delicate yet strong. What else I like is that each Noobi piece has been hand designed and made, that each piece is unique/different and that the materials used are just stunning. So far I have found no fault to their products and find myself often browsing their site (even their instagram - oops) to expand my personal collection. 
Below showing a sneaky glimpse of their beautiful work, is an imagine of the bralette set I own and absolutely love, its pretty and supportive and when on you'll forget you're even wearing it (that's how comfortable it is)! As "flimsy" as this piece may look I feel as supported in this as I would a standard tshirt bra, just a little prettier (which is always a bonus). 



Now, if you don't believe me go check Noobi out their details are below! But something I do want to add is, yes I own a high street brand bralette but I will always try my best to support small local/independent business because they're the ones who are gonna end up one day a high street brand. They are working super hard to make sure each item they make and sell is as perfect as the next, that each time their website has problems it is fixed as soon as possible. These businesses don't have CEO's and marketing teams, they have a one or even a few people working to do something they love and care about. They're the ones who made brands like Ann Summers (who were originally not known for their lingerie, opened only one shop at the very beginning) into big brands in the first place, someone with a idea that started off small.

Website : noobi.co.uk
Instagram : @_noobi
Twitter : @NOOBI_store

As always, thank you for reading my opinions and thoughts! It means the world to me. Please feel free to leave any comments or even tweet me! I'd love to have a chat with you and hear your thoughts too -Leanne xo 

@shtsngigsblog

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ghost Town & Palisades - O2 Academy Birmingham - 21.10.15

Guest Post #2 "Don't tell me you're okay..."

Adventuring Through Music...