Adventuring Through Music...

It’s no secret whether you know me personally or only through reading the blog, that I just love finding out peoples tastes in music. Personally it doesn’t get better than discovering it of the people who are closest to you. Naturally its your immediate family and friends you know the most about, where you’re able to hear a song and know exactly who’s going to love it. But what’s more exciting in my eyes is learning it of someone new whether its a friend or someone special. 

Now I am terrible for if I hear one song that I like, I need to investigate and find out as much about the sound/artist/their work as I can. For some its annoying as whilst i’m doing this it’s often the only thing they’ll hear my listening to for a while. For others its a chance to join in on my adventure with the music...

My latest adventure has been with The Hunna, and my god what an adventure it is turning out to be. They have this vibe that adds a little something to their indie sound, that has a way of just reaching you and bringing you in so casually it feels natural to be drawn to them. And that’s before we discuss vocals! 

There are many aspects to The Hunna that I am intrigued with and is making me want more from them. However, this post is all about one little track from their latest album Dare. This track was brought to my attention by someone very close to me, who’s music taste is proving more and more to be incredible and I love finding out more about it! This track is the whole reason why I have gone on this little The Hunna adventure and found another addition to my ever grown music library. The track in question, well you’ll have to keep reading...

...The instruments and the sound all in one word - wow! The guitars are just incredible, with the slightest scrap of their fingers across the strings making that metallic slide between chords more prominent and beautifully placed. The drums in this song are strong yet feel almost delicate, even when the cymbals are so active it still feels gentle. Between the two of them there is a beautiful piece of instrumental music. The sound of this song to me is light yet wants to be heard. 

Now lets talk vocals. My god, do I love the vocalist’s voice!! When he sings their are a mixture of pitches and the way they fluctuate so naturally makes me get goosebumps. His voice isn’t your usual kind of husky, but its so beautiful I honestly could cry. 

Lyrics. My guilty pleasure to all songs. The first line alone hits me with such meaning, and connection. “And all the stares that people may”. The lyrics get stronger and stronger from then on. For me this isn’t a song about a man falling in love. This is a song about relearning to love and accepting love. More importantly a love that came out of the blue, the kind you just can’t prepare yourself for, but need so badly all at once. This song screams so may things, and I just know (and I will happily be proven wrong) that there are many people who can and will be able to relate to this song. This song is pure, raw, unedited emotions. This song is real life at its finest. 

If you haven’t guessed already the beautiful song thats be put in my head for the last week (maybe a diddy bit longer) is  Lover by The Hunna delicately place on their album Dare. 


Please listen to it and let me know your thoughts, because it’s safe to say currently it is one of my favourite songs. 

As always, thank you for taking the time to read my post filled with my opinions and thoughts. I honestly means more than you could imagine!

If you'd like to leave any feedback or comments, please do so in the comments box below. You can also tweet me through the blog twitter page @shtsngigsblog where you can see updates on the blog, teasers on posts and also what music I am listening to, or even send me requests or music you think I should listen to! Did I mention theres now a Facebook page? https://www.facebook.com/shtsngigs

Oh and I'm on Instagram! My personal account is @gibsleanne - give me a follow and please feel free to contact me through that too! Don't worry I don't a cheeky slide into my DM's as long as its nice and PG ;)

Thank you,

Leanne xo


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ghost Town & Palisades - O2 Academy Birmingham - 21.10.15

Guest Post #2 "Don't tell me you're okay..."

That Friday Feelin' - April 21st 2017 - Seconds Apart & Support